Pythias Kids Fishing Program operated by owner Captain Damon is a wonderful & safe opportunity to get kids out on the water to learn the fundamentals of fishing as well as explore the natural habitats of local fish species. shore birds & seabirds. Experience the Pelagic life in Nantucket Sound & on Cape Cod Bay with our trusted team. Beyond fishing, they’ll learn identifications, feeding, regulations, navigation, weather, boat safety & so much more!
All skill levels, ages 6-16
Departing out of Saquatucket Harbor, 715 Main Street, Harwichport
Policies and Pricing
Half Day Sessions (AM or PM) $200 per child
Full Day Sessions $350 per child
- Full payment is due via credit card/venmo/check to complete registration & secure sessions
- Checks can be made out to Pythias SportFishing & mailed to PO Box 1071, S. Yarmouth, MA 02664
- Refunds issued up until 10 days prior to the session start date, afterwards subject to consideration
- Cancellations must be done over the phone or email
- Damaged Equipment – If your child damages equipment or looses a rod & reel in the water, & we are unable to rescue it, you will be responsible for the cost.
- We reserve the right to re-schedule & credit deposit for a session should weather conditions prevent departure or less than 4 kids are booked.
- The maximum for each trip is 6 children which ensures everyone’s safety & ultimate experience.
What to Expect
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before your session start time, boats will not be able to wait for anyone who is late & refunds will not be issued if a day is missed because of it.
- First Aid CPR certified, United States Coast Guard licensed Captains, boats licensed & fully insured.
- Each session explores the habitats of fish, shore & sea birds, identifications, feeding, regulations, navigation, weather, boat safety & is tailored to your child’s skill level & interests.
- Bait – live & artificial, methods, netting, casting etc.
- Fishing – drifting, trolling, anchoring
Half day (AM & PM) & Full day Sessions for the 2023 season run daily, Tuesdays Wednesdays & Thursdays from mid June till the end of August. AM approx. 7am-11:30 & PM approx. noon-4:30. Times may fluctuate slightly due to tides & weather.
Fishing rod for the session, bait, tackle, fish cleaning & even the possibility of bringing catch home contingent on catch & release practices, local regulations, sizes & seasonal limitations.
What to Bring
- Life Jacket! Massachusetts law requires everyone under the age of 12 to wear one, (we can provide you with one if needed) Children are required to wear life vests at all times while on board the craft.
- A sweatshirt, light jacket & or rain gear
- Change of clothes (chance kids will get wet)
- Waterproof or non-skid shoes are recommended
- Sunscreen, snacks,(please no large coolers,) water bottle, sunglasses, hat
- Rods, reels & gear are provided
- Cell phones & cameras are allowed, but we are not responsible for damaged, lost or stolen property
- Always helpful if children belongings are labeled with their name
- Good attitude! Safety is our utmost priority, If a child’s behavior gravely compromises that, they will be brought back to the dock where they will be expected to be picked up & possibly loose their spot for the remainder of the session.
- We will typically fish in the rain but Hazardous conditions such as Small Craft advisories & lightning storms are too risky to fish in. The Captain makes every effort to make a call & notify parents the evening before sessions depart. Should a session be cancelled by the Captain prior to departure, there will be an opportunity to attend a makeup session of our choice. Every attempt will be made to coordinate a suitable date, however if you are unable to attend, the difference will be pro-rated.
- Should weather disrupt a session while already out on the water, (remember it can sometimes be an entirely different scene just a few miles out) the Captain may have to return to shore. Children will remain in the boat/dock & will work on electronics, boat safety, & play games. These sessions will count as a completed day & will NOT BE REFUNDED.
- Bigger than a Squall! – Hurricanes & tropical storms do pop up on the radar & in the unlikely event that one does, a full week session may need to be cancelled. In which case, every effort will be made to re-schedule or a full refund will be issued.